Sunday, December 13, 2009

One of Those Moments...

Tonight my youngest child Ryan gave me one of those moments that made my walk with God so special. Ryan is 3 and my very active child. Anyone who knows him knows that he can be very strong willed and adorable all at the same time. He definitely keeps me on my toes to say the least! He has been going into service on Sunday nights with me for a few months now due to me not be comfortable leaving my children at home when I am not around. For a long time, I didn't attend services at night because it seemed easier. Easier to pretend everything was fine at home and we were just spending quality time as a family together although this was far from the truth. Sundays are difficult days. Each Sunday I get up and get the boys ready for church and then pray that we will come home to peace. Most of the time it is the opposite. Sometimes it is "okay" for me to go and other times it is a battle. However, I made the decision that I was not going to let it affect my walk with God and my love for being around my Christian friends. I made the decision that if my husband would not be the spiritual leader of our family, I would. Sadly, this in not the way I envisioned things when we were married but it is my life.

But back to Ryan and service tonight. You see tonight I saw how much our actions as adults can affect our kids. Both my children show compassion for others that can teach me something. They love everybody. They can be upset one minute and the next hugging the same person and saying "I love you" to them. Tonight during an alter call and prayer time, my little 3 year old reached out his hand like he was praising God! Wow! Talk about showing me how much kids watch us as adults. To some this might be such a small thing, but to me it was a joyous thing to witness because my heart skipped a beat and pride filled me to see what my love can show my children. How much more powerful is the love that God shows us as His children. If I can have that much pride in my son for a small notion, how much more pride can My Savior have in us when we follow His truths? Children are miracles and we as children of God are miracles. Each of us has a special reason for being here. I am so blessed by the power of My God. And my 3 year old helped remind me of that tonight...

Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."

No comments:

Post a Comment